Let’s FEEL GOOD
By: Zeiana Andrade
I’ve struggled so much with self confidence and feeling good about myself for years. I’ve come to realize taking better care of my body and my stress is what helps me the most. It can be hard to maintain self care during quarantine, so here are some things you can do to help you feel like a better version of yourself!
- Get some sun! The weather has been getting warmer, so I’ve been trying my best to sit outside and eat my breakfast or just read a book. Getting sun has made me feel so much better on long and boring days.
- You are what you eat. I’ve been vegan for over 2 years now, and it’s one of the best decisions that I’ve made. I feel such a difference in the way my body feels. Putting good food in my body makes me feel like I have tons of energy and keeps me motivated. Going vegan isn’t easy for everyone. To gradually introduce veganism, some people I know eat at least one vegan meal a day, or even switch out some of their favorite foods for healthier alternatives. I recommend cutting dairy from your diet first, and trying almond milk or oat milk as an alternative.
- Get some exercise. I’ve been one to always avoid exercising and being fit. It can take a lot of time to get the motivation, but even 15 minutes a day will make you feel super refreshed.
- Make a schedule. If you plan out your day with specific times dedicated to meals, exercising, watching your favorite show, etc., you will get so much more done. You will feel super accomplished by the end of the day.
- Clean! Cleaning the space you’re in will make you feel so much better. It can be easy to live in a mess of a room or a house when you’re feeling down. I like to schedule a day once a week where I clean my room and other areas of my apartment. After cleaning, I recommend getting an oil diffuser because that air will hit differently once you’re in a clean space.
- Use good products! I like to use products that make my skin and hair feel good. Having healthy hair and skin makes me feel like a better version of myself. Some great brands for skin are The Ordinary, CeraVe and any natural oils! For my curly hair, I use Shea moisture hair masks once a week and Carol’s Daughter shampoo and conditioner.
P.S. Treat yo self!