We stand in solidarity with the incredible Black community. We recognize that words can be meaningless without action. Change is extremely necessary right now, so we promise to continually contribute in more ways than one, whether it be educating, listening, raising awareness, donating or supporting Black-owned businesses. Here are some resources that will help you learn ways to fight against racism and injustice that has been pervasive in this country for too long.
- The Black United Fund of Oregon
- Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective (BEAM)
- For the Gworls
- For Black Transgender people’s rent & gender affrieming surgeries
- Buy From a Black Woman
- LGBTQ Freedom Fund
- BLM’s Goals and Focus
- What is Going on in Portland, Oregon?
- Explaining ‘All Lives Matter’, and Why You Should Stop Saying It
- What Does ‘Defunding the Police’ Mean?
- How to be an Ally
- Official White House Petition for Justice for Breona Taylor
- Template to Contact your Local Representative
- For Punishing Police for Shooting Unarmed Citizens
Compilations of Resources:
- Ultimate BLM Linktree
- BLM Resources
- Updated Twitter Thread of BLM Resources (Updated July 27)
- Black Mental Health Matters Resources
- List of Ways to Support BLM from ADHOC (Updated July 27)
- Compilation of Resources by Indya Moore
Black-Owned Businesses To Support:
- How to Find Black-Owned Businesses Near You
- Black-Owned Independent Bookstores Across the U.S.
- Black-Owned Online Plant Stores
- Black-Owned Depop Stores